Vintage Waterskiing at Cypress Gardens

waterskiing vintage postcard

I'm squeezing in another water skiing doozy! I think it's amazing when you can match a card to actual vintage youtube footage. Mike Osbourne is a hunky dreamboat in this clip! On the postcard he looks like a lipstick wearing Sheldon with scary sasquatchy long feet though:)





Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

16 cool cats commented:

Maria Berg said...

I would love to go waterskiing again, fist time I did it was when I was working at a summer scout camp in USA.

But today I want it to be that good weather that you show on the video - but here it is raining and raining and we out camping in a tent with all 3 kids.
I will show them your song. YOU MADE MY DAY!!!

Francois has changed her name to *?!éx§£!, I also think I had been naming that cat that if it woke me up 5 in the morning (I almost call my daughter that since she woke me up 3 in the morning today...

Take care my friend and hope to see you one day and I do not think I can make a casserole (wrong spelling?) but I do promise to make good food for you if you come!

My brother lived in Franc for a year to learn more French and I have studied it in school but do not remember anything.

I am happy you like my neckless, and my blog (soor that I do not always write in English) and keep being a Weirdo - It is good!!!

Love Maria.

SILVER said...

waterskiing without a surf board and tipped to using only on one foot to balance? Isn't it a wow for this hunk? huggss-

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Hey! This is the brother of my friend's dad :o) I mentioned their family on a comment to your other post.

I'll have to let her know you posted this. How great is that- that you found these.

She, her dad, mom, brother and other relatives all performed at Cyprus Gardens in Florida :o)

Maggi said...

Wowowowowowow I love vintage clips like that! That is too cool when you can match them up with the card like that!

The Vintage Kitten said...

How clever to have matched the card with the clip. I agree the postcard doesnt quite match up to the man in person. Hes rather hunky!!!! (Dont tell Mr Kitten I said that LOL!) Great clip, very impressive waterskiing X

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Omph! He's got it!!! Rah Rah Rah!!!

koralee said...

Now that was fun....I love waterskiing..(grew up beside a lake..lots of fond memories)...thanks for your lovely comment on my blog...i am off to read some more of your lovely past posts and catch up with your blog...it is so much fun!!! Will be back!

Starman said...

That's nowhere as easy as he makes it look. Waterskiing is a strange feeling because you feel like you're standing on nothing.

Winchester Manor said...

How cool! I love to water ski, but I have never done it with my bare feet! I can just see me doing a big fat face plant!

You're so clever with the card and video.

xoxo
Karyn

Sparky said...

I grew up in Florida and used to go to Cypress Gardens from time to time. It was fun to watch those professional skiers do their thang. Those where the good 'ol days.

Gettin' excited about your trip yet?? Stay safe pal. We'll be thinking of ya. :o)

Unknown said...

wow ! this one really vintage. I never ski before. Wonder how it feels like.

twinkle teaches said...

He reminds me of Bobby Darin (the 50s singer). I have never been water skiing but looks like fun! :)
tina

Duchess of Tea said...

I definitely agree the post card makes him unreal, he is a hunk indeed!!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Have fun on your vacation, Marie. I love the idea of traveling from the posh France to the quiet New Hampshire...I'm sure your family will just treasure having you home.

I tried your vintage hair look that you posted this past March. I actually attempted to make myself entirely over. It was fun! I hope you can stop over to see. <3

tapirgal said...

Until I saw this I forgot I had visited there as a child. Very nice :)

Bella Foxx said...

I grew up in Florida and like some of the other posters have been to Cypress Gardens and seen the water skiing show. I even have some pictures of it.

My father tried water skiing and ended up with a huge bruise on his thigh when he fell.