Postcard Frienship Friday #27 - Let's go Bowling!

bowling vimtage postcard
This bowling alley is a hop, skip, and a jump away from my house! Isn't it a beaut of a vintage postcard? Here's Johnny boy and his winning ball. He blew the family off of the cheesy cakes (slang term for lanes that I just learned:)

I just read about cosmic bowling! You use a glow in the dark ball and roll your apple down lighted lanes. I just HAVE to try that too:) Happy PFF everybody!



W
elcome to this weeks Postcard Friendship Friday! If you're visiting and would like to join in the fun we would be thrilled;) It's easy! All you need to do is:

1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!
2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of this post
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today! Please grab the badge if you'd like to add a bit of PFF colour to your post:)


45 cool cats commented:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Marie!
Adorable kids, and amazing postcard.
Greetings from Luxembourg :)
xx

Daryl said...

What fun .. Johnny is adorable, the ball is almost as big as he!

Cezar and Léia said...

Hello dear Marie!
Great pictures! He is so handsome and seems so happy there! I wish I could play like him! I'm not good with bowling :(
Wonderful postcard! Thanks for sharing!
Greetings from Luxembourg
Léia ( Bonjour Luxembourg) and Luna ( always your fan!)

claude said...

I played bowling in America in 1985 when I went over there alone for the first time.

Pietro Brosio said...

Grwat pictures, Marie! Bowling is really thrilling when with a single shot all the skittles are pulverized!

Maggi said...

That postcard is fabulous! Bowling is loads of fun too!

lorhen82 said...

What a cutie!!! We have some cosmic bowling places in my area, but I've never been to them. It does sound fun! ~Lori

Starman said...

Love the colored bowling balls. I haven't been bowling in over twenty years.

Beth Niquette said...

For some reason I'm not getting Mr. Linky! My computer has been doing some odd stuff this morning. Could you add me in, Marie? This is Beth at http://thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Beth Niquette said...

I also wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the wonderful postcards and shining faces!

SparkleFarkel said...

What fun! Johnny Boy looks as if he's bowling with the moon! Thanks for including me in Postcard Friendship Friday-- you'll find my "mail" contribution in my blog titled, "Mind In the Gutter". Thank you, again!

P.S. Computer savy I am not. Please help me? I"ve been able to correctly include you on my sidebar, but how do you insert a button (such as your PFF's) in a blog so it will link directly to the button's blog source? Thanks!

Beverley Baird said...

Great vintage card.I used to love bowling - only 5 pin though. That was heavy enough!
What a little sweetie! He looks like he is having a great time!
Take care.

Paul van Yperen said...

The postcard is a beauty, and your Johnny looks cool with the bowling ball. Disco bowling is fun too! Greetings from Amsterdam.

twinkle teaches said...

Love bowling and the postcard. :)
tina

Sparky said...

I loved to bowl back before League's took over. It's too hard to get a lane now unless you're a member.

Anyway, the kids are adorable and the card so very vintage (love it!). I want one of those glowing bowling balls! :o)

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Glad you're having fun with the family - you deserve it after the last couple of difficult months!
Evelyn in Montreal

dmarks said...

Love the jawbreaker colors.

I got my PFF entry in early this time. Off to bed: I will comment on others' PFF posts in the morning.

Carole said...

I love the postcard.

Many of the bowling alley's here are closing. The one I went to with my parents closed just a while back. I guess bowling is a dying sport/recreation around here. It's really too bad.

I've never gone cosmic bowling (called glow bowling in our town). I think it would be a blast.

Carole said...

I just realized that I screwed up and didn't direct link to my postcard this week. I apologize.

steviewren said...

Your son looks so happy holding that bowling ball. It is almost as big as him. Glad you are all having so much fun! Happy PFF. Great way to share your trip and a postcard.

Miss_Yves said...

Cute kid and vivid colours of bowling balls

Sheila said...

I can't keep up with you folks! You've started even before I did my Thursday post! Anyway, I'm caught up now.

I love that card, Marie. I've never been bowling but it looks such fun, and with a cutie like your son, it would be perfect!! I've never even heard of cosmic bowling. :)

Debby said...

Great post, Marie! Love the postcard and the bowling pics are fab and look like lots of fun.
Debby

Bella Foxx said...

Love the postcard and picture of Johnny. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Can't say I like bowling though.

Aimee said...

Great postcard! I love bowling!

The French Bear said...

What a fun! Love the colored bowling balls, I always enjoy looking at your postcards!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

SparkleFarkel said...

Oh, my God! I doth blundereth BIGly! I completely misunderstood Postcard Friendship Friday. I though participants were SUPPOSE to followyour themed-lead, so I tracked down a "card" that would be all things "bowling." A thousand zillion pardons I beg of you-- I didn't mean to steal your thunder. I'll do better next week, I promise. So sorry.

Chris Overstreet said...

That's one blonde kid! I bet his noggin glowed as much as the apples!

Duchess of Tea said...

Whaat a cute cute boy Johnny is. Love your blog it is so different. I just stopped by to wish you a lovely weekend and to thank you for visiting me and leaving behind such sweet comments.
Duchess xx

Betsy Brock said...

What a cutie! Glad you're having such a good time!

JamaGenie said...

So many new phrases you'll be taking back to France! And Johnny IS adorable!

Love the postcard. Looks like the premier of a major movie rather than a "Palace of Cheesy Cakes". :-)

Shako said...

I believe I am the first here without a blog (I am too young). Anyhow, just thought I'd make the comments thirty-two and say that it's the best Vintage Postcards blog I've ever come across =)
Johnny is so cute! And the slang terms for bowling alley what fun!
Since I have no talent for glow in the dark balls and rolling apples down a catwalk or whatever.
Greetings from Europe =D Napoleon rules!

Lowell said...

What a fun post. Cute kiddo, too. The car I remember very well...had one just like it; same color...and it had air conditioning!!!

Love the post card. Those were good times for some of us.

Lola said...

What a fun post!
Hope you're having a wonderful w/end & see you again soon!

xxxLOL LOLA:)

RedLan said...

Great postcard of bowling place and great fun with family playing bowling. Thanks for sharing the postcard and the fun Marie!

Mandala Michelle said...

Hi Marie!! I missed PFF this week but wanted to say hello to you. What a blond cutie. I bet he charmed the pins to fall : )

Witchcrafted Life said...

Oh my bowling shoes, you know I'm positively wild for that awesome postcard! Super find, honey!!!


Wishing you a splendid day!
♥ Jessica

Unknown said...

Have not bowled in a long time. What an energiser tho!

Janie said...

Johnny looks like he's having a great time!

Silver said...

Hi ya! Havin' lotsa fun with bowling!

Vodka Mom said...

i love bowling!

now THOSE are some crazy balls. :-)

Rosemildo Sales Furtado said...

Olá Marie! O teu espaço é muito lindo, composto de lindas fotos, porém se colocasses um tradutor, ficaria mais fácil para entender e comentar.

Beijos,

Furtado.

Duchess of Tea said...

Just checking to see how you are doing darling?

Duchess xx

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Such a handsome fella!

I must say...the ole bowling lane scene is a wee bit special for me and my hubby...

When we were dating (I was a 1 yr old High School Senior & he was a young 18 yr old Airman in the Air Force), this was one of the only places we could hang out that my dad thought was fine...ya know, kept us busy in the midst of lots of people... haha, what a smart dad!

bridechic said...

I do remember bowling alleys and roller rinks had a certain chic all their own for the times