Postcard Friendship Friday #19 - Olé!

vintage postcards

Look at the Spanish post box Con sent me! He snapped it while on vacation. He blogs over at Suil Eile (that's Gaelic for another eye or view) and lives in Dublin! Don't you think that this letter box has old world charm with a generous dash of razzatazz? Be sure to visit him too:) Happy PFF!




W
elcome to this weeks Postcard Friendship Friday! If you're visiting and would like to join in the fun we would be thrilled;) It's easy! All you need to do is:

1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!
2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of this post
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today! Please grab the badge if you'd like to add a bit of PFF colour to your post:)

39 cool cats commented:

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

I just wanted to Ole' back at you! I feel guilty for reading this on Thursday. :-O

JamaGenie said...

Marie, it's weird that it's only 5:00pm Thursday where I am, but already Friday where you are. However, thanks for the reminder to get a PFF postcard posted!

Love the postbox, btw!

Postcardy said...

That mailbox is a lot prettier than the ones we have here.

I like to post early because sometimes I have problems getting anything done in the middle of the day. Probably too much traffic then.

Vicky said...

Hi marie, lovely yellow mailbox, mine are red!
Happy PFF!

Mandala Michelle said...

I like to cheat and post on Thursday since I also do a blog hop on Friday with another great group of bloggers.

Very cool post Marie! No one would miss finding that mailbox!

Four-eyed-missy said...

I love, love, love it!
I'll go visit him and see if I can make him send me a postbox exactly like that over here *lol*
I'm joining again, Marie, but I couldn't see Mr. Linky. I'll come back later to link in :)

Have a great day!

Postcards Crossing

steviewren said...

Mailboxes like bathrooms are different the world over. I have a collection of bathroom pictures from my travels....weird....I know.

Happy PFF!

RedLan said...

So cool mail box. It's noticeable because of its bright color.

fortuitous faery said...

that yellow mailbox is muy bonita! :)

Terry said...

Howdy Marie
Oh you are so lucky that is one awesome mailbox.
I really like the yellow it is so happy.
Have a wonderful Postcard Friendship Friday .
Thank you for being the best hostess ever.
I really enjoy seeing all the great post at the end of the week,it makes for a happy start to the weekend.
Happy Trails

Ann said...

wonderful mailbox...has a lot of charm!!!!

Chris Overstreet said...

It's a new world, and governments don't have the monopoly on postal services anymore -- so they need good marketing! This mailbox definitely is up to the task.

Chandy said...

Hi! I'm joining in a few minutes. Ole right back at ya! Great postbox!

Paul van Yperen said...

Great color, great logo, avery good postbox.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I got her sort of on your time this week. It's 2am here on a very very early Friday morning, but a girls gotta do what she's gotta do to get her links up on time!

I had not realized until I met you all on PFF that mailboxes were different shapes and sizes and colors around the world. I had really never thought about it -- then I went to Ireland and they were green, on the Isle of Man they were red. Here in the US ours are blue. I guess Spain's are yellow! I love it.

I'm sure I will learn more this week from all of the wonderful participants. Thank you!

Mescrap said...

Cool mailbox. I shall upload one of Malaysia's postbox in next PFF :)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

What wonderful finds you do make! And a new blog for me to haunt. :) My grandmother came from Dublin - memories, memories.

Lydia said...

Woohoo! That's a snazzy mailbox!
GO HERE for this week's postcard at my blog (posted on Wednesday but always in the spirit of PFF!).

Miss_Yves said...

(I had some trouble to leave a comment)
Brilliant colour !

JamaGenie said...

I'm late to the party, but my PFF is up. I'm off to look at everybody else's!

Daryl said...

Mr Linky is a trip.

Love the bright sunshine yellow especially on another rainy day

Robin said...

What a great post box.
I love the bright and cheery yellow.
Have a beautiful day.

RA said...

I just came back from Con's blog to thank him on the photo. I think it's great! Have a wonderful weekend, Marie :). I will come back for your video, if my Internet connection gets faster.

Margo said...

coming here from your new site, Happy Postcards... for some reason I now find myself wanting to wear yellow and match the color of the sun. Perhaps I should not buy a yellow sundress today?

Elle Custom Jewelry said...

That mail box is much prettier than what we have around here. Great shot and very cool idea!

Sparky said...

I love that lovely yellow color! Sure stands out better than our blue postal boxes. Happy PFF!! :o)

ChaChaneen said...

Happy Friday my beautiful friend! Thanks for the garage sale tips this week on my post - we are ready for the weekend now.

Today is the last day of school and I'm as excited as the kids. ha ha Have a great weekend!

Mandala Michelle said...

Anyone else have Blogspot issues?!? I keep getting booted off of other blogspot sites.

Pietro Brosio said...

Marie, that is a showy mail-box! Mine here are smaller, red, not round but rectangular. :-)

Debby said...

OH!!!! This is so cool, great post, Marie!
Debby

Aimee said...

wow, that's cool! Love the bright color!

Starman said...

I hope to see a few of those in person in a couple of months.

Carletta said...

A cheerful meme!
You have lots of neat images I scrolled down to see.
Thanks for coming by my Today's Flowers post earlier this week.

papel1 said...

Its hard to find a mailbox in a neighborhood anymore. I guess they want you to go to the PO.
Judy

Blogaire said...

OMG - I am overwhelmed! I was missing for most of today (work) and just got back to find lots of visits and lots of comments. (In Ireland that's what they call "Murphy's Law" - I turn my back for a few hours and everybody turns up).
I just got to see a few Blogs and wow - so many interesting posts, I will spend the next few days exploring.
Thank you Marie for being, as someone suggested a "perfect host"!
LOTS OF LOVE EVERYBODY xxx

Catherine said...

More difficult to paint grafitti on it.
It makes me thought to a pawn in a game. Imagine, streets covered with pawns, all over, with some on strategic places like squares....

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun meme to me !
I'll try to join it ...

Cezar and Léia said...

The logo of "correos" seems a lot like the Brazilian mail service, www.correios.com.br . Cool post!
Léia

pchickki said...

Cool looking mail box. Very different than ours here in USA

Don't forget to send me your Mothers address so I can mail your prize!
Hugs
Patti