Paris is Hopping! - Camera Critters

rabbit vintage postcards
Paris is truly hopping! I found this ginormous cotton candy pink rabbit statue in front of the famous department store Printemps. The display windows are also gussied up with a smaller version of these cotton tailed cuties. I almost expected to find a few Easter eggs:)


Editor: Isn't this a vintage postcard blog? Cough up a card kid!
Marie: Da-shiong bao-jah-shr duh la-doo-tze!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

43 cool cats commented:

Unknown said...

Is she getting ready to cook the bunny???

JamaGenie said...

Hard to type when one is laughing hysterically over the Chinese Sailor comment! Good one, Marie!

As for those ginormous rabbits, eggs didn't come to mind, but "Alice In Wonderland" sure did!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Oh too PINK cute and too funny too! Keeping your rabbits in an old oven? Hmmmmm...have to think about that! Always love your pictures!

(Also, if haven't already entered my GIVEAWAY, please skip on over and join the fun! See you there!)

Maggi said...

Holy crow, those are big bunnies! lol The card you picked is perfect, obviously bunnies get bigger as time goes on. lol

jabblog said...

Great - but the postcard wins hands down!

Luna and mommy Léia said...

Hello sweetie Marie!
I loved this bunny in pink!So groovy!!!!
Cool postcatd !
Love you my friend!
Luna(from Brazil)

Snap said...

Cute post. Wonderful color. Loved the vintage card (as usual!!!!!).

Anonymous said...

Wonderful bunnies! I think it would be great to be walking down the street and to see those. :D Fabulous!

i beati said...

all coolness Sandy

Sue said...

Great pics! I love the postcard!

Brooke said...

What fun shots!

Geralyn Gray said...

I love the windows at Printemps --- I hope you keep sharing them---they are a treat!!!!!

Amy said...

Very interesting! Thanks for stopping by :)

Beth Niquette said...

That bunny cage looks like an OVEN! And how interesting those big yellow bunnies are. And you are SO cute!

Robin said...

A lovely postcard....
May I as why Pritemps has the large bunnies outside their store?
Not that they would look better inside the store.....I'm just curious as to why the display.

Have a beautiful weekend

Marie Reed said...

Hi Robin! The statues were also in blue and green! It is part of the summer window display and apparently the statues are moved from city to city. The plastic is melted down and then molded into new shapes !

Mara said...

I love the rabbits. I do feel sorry for the rabbit in the card though. I've got a feeling he's going to be dinner soon!

Diane said...

great post! the card is fantastic!

Sparky said...

I never dreamed of keeping our rabbits in old ovens. My first reaction was "Hey, look, pre-cooked bunny's 'on the hoof'!!" (ha ha)

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

I absolutely adore bunnies! So sweet! Lily's got like four or five in her room right now

Unknown said...

Is that pink rabbit as big as it looks? Love the post card.

Terry said...

Howdy Marie
Okay those sweet little bunny's make a Texas size rabbit look small :)
So what are those fabulous looking Bunnys for ???
No matter they are really kind of cool.
Great LOL post today as always you bring so much joy to my day.
Thank you .
Happy Trails
Hugs

floreta said...

wow, i'm not sure what to make of this!

Carletta said...

When you left your comment on my post that you had posted bunnies too this wasn't what I expected. :)
I love these - the postcard too!

Thanks for your visit.

Marie Reed said...

Yes! It is a monster sized bunny:) There was a bright orange one a block down from the department store too!

Adrienne Zwart said...

Very interesting. I stopped by earlier and was interrupted so couldn't stay to leave a comment. I'm back. :) Was this around Easter time? Or the artist just likes rabbits?

Sharon said...

Those rabbits are sure show stoppers! Beautiful colors:)

lorhen82 said...

Baked bunny is NOT on my list of 'must eats'!!! Those ovens do make cute cages though! ~Lori

Postcardy said...

Does the card come with a caption or explanation? Or can you explain it?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marie: What a neat look at the bunnies through your eyes.

Starman said...

Eric had those a few weeks ago.

Reader Wil said...

Lovely bunnies in Paris! I was not in Paris, but in Bracieux in the Sein et Cher region. I saw a lot of castles too.

Bradley Hsi said...

That is a big bunny and may be a delicious one too. I am still vacationing on the beach, thanks for visiting our blog.

Anya said...

I love colored bunny's....
BEAUTIFUL shots :)

Stacie said...

Wow they look huge and colorful!

Witchcrafted Life said...

How fantastically adorable! The world needs more giant, rainbow bright bunnies to add an unexpected dose of joy to everyday life :D


Wishing you a gorgeous weekend, my dear!
♥ Jessica

Janeb said...

They are great! I really like the yellow one.

Maria's Space said...

Too cool. That is one pink bunny.

EG CameraGirl said...

Great post. You made me smile! ;-)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I'm glad bunnies in real life aren't that big! Cute pics! Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Gretchen said...

Would love to see that!

Oskar said...

Those are very fun, large bunnies!

I really like the postcards, too.

Carrie said...

I love the giant rabbits, what was the reason for the shop to have them set up? Thanks for taking the time to visit me at Rantings of a Woman, I have a lot of our new Puppy "Riley" that I took over the weekend on a visit to post next week for Critters