Big Vloggy Hello - Postcard Friendship Friday #18

vintage postcards
I am so excited to post my first vlog:) It's a big huge video PFF hug from me to you all!



A few participants from last week posted an itsy bitsy teeny weeny bit too late to be properly seen! I'm reposting their links here just in case you missed them last week:)

The Goat's delightful Michigan Postcards are here!

Phil soars through the blogosphere here!

Beverly's Starfish story is here!



W
elcome to this weeks Postcard Friendship Friday! If you're visiting and would like to join in the fun we would be thrilled;) It's easy! All you need to do is:

1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!
2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of this post
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today! Please grab the badge if you'd like to add a bit of PFF colour to your post:)

51 cool cats commented:

fortuitous faery said...

ooooh, you're no longer a "vlog virgin!" congrats! you're such a darling to watch talking!

how about touring us around your house, or maybe around your street, or maybe showing us your vintage postcard collection? that would be tres cool! or how about something french each day? haha!

Luna ( from Brazil ) said...

Hello sweetie Marie,
Your video is so charming and exciting!
As a suggestion I must say that I'm very much interested in meeting your kitties... or if any in your neighbourhood! LOL

You are so "cute" and your voice is so mellow! ;-)

Thanks a lot for this beautiful video!
purrs and love
Luna

Postcardy said...

It was nice to see you. In the future, please do something about postcards or the mail theme. I would like to see your kitties too.

I looked at some YouTube videos about postcards a couple of months ago. Maybe there are some ideas there. I can't remember what they were like.

viridian said...

Marie: You have a sweet voice. Sure, show us les chats. Speak in French? At least in my browser, after your video is over, there are icons at the bottom of the video window, that actually lead to other You Tube videos on related subjects (postcards!)

Maggi said...

What a great first video and you're so pretty! I would love to see some things that are specifically French! Great job!

Clueless in Boston said...

Congratulations on your first vlog post. I and many of your many of readers/viewers anxiously await your future vlogs.

ilyani said...

woooooooooww this is way cool!!!! :D I should try making Vlog one day too! hmmm I want to see the room you store your postcards collection! and I should be prepared to get fainted!! *grin*

Happy PFF!!

papel1 said...

What a great vlog. I loved it. I need practice with my high school French, how about a few words.

RedLan said...

Wow, I really enjoyed watching and listening. I feel so at home here. Great job Marie! You're so adorable!

Vicky said...

hello Marie... big hugs to you... you have such a sweet and warm personality making you a wonderful and perfect host for PFF. Thank you and God bless.

Sparky said...

You are so adorable!! Don't ever stop being so animated. It's you dawlink'! :o)

I would like to see the vineyards in your area. Don't you live in the wine making area? I would like to see that, if you have time.

Have fun!! God bless. PFF ((Hugs)) back! Pamela :o)

Terry said...

Howdy Marie
Oh my
I love your " Big Vloggy Hello "
I thought you were truly wonderful .
You did a great job !
Thank you so very much for doing this.
I have an idea ,how about telling us all about the
history of what inspired you to start PFF,maybe tell us some of the best,worst,funniest PFF moments
that you have had.
Can you share some of your favorite postcards and maybe give us a little background as to why it is a favorite.
Happy PFF Marie :)
Blessings of joy to you .
Hugs

Katie said...

What a great little video Marie! Super fun to get to spend a minute with you--brought back memories of last October!

Next time you're at that place with all the broken pottery and stuff that you told me about, I'd love to see a little clip of what they have there.

Chris Overstreet said...

I second the request for French language. Why not two versions of each entry, one in each language? You could also tell us what the heck you're doing there in the first place. ;)

Polly Forns said...

It was so COOL to actually see Marie "animated" ! That must have been a lot of work and I loved hearing your sweet voice, my friend!

Marie said...

You are too cute Marie! Well if you are to ask me what I'd like to see in your Vlog (new term to me, where have I been), I'd luv to hear you say a sentence, a paragraph, a poem, or read a verse in French. It'll be a cute learning experience :) BTW, I've tagged you, and you may choose to ignore or answer if you have time.
-marie

MuseSwings said...

Marie! How nice to see your cute little self and to hear you! I'd love to see your kitties and anything you would like to share. Oh yes - and French pasteries!

Paul van Yperen said...

Hi Marie, you're becoming a queen of all the media. Go for it!

Okay, a question: how did you start collecting postcards?

Pat said...

You are charming, and just as I imagined you'd be when speaking! Actually, I lip-read... I am at work....but will listen to you when I get home!

Perhaps I should set Bibi in front of my web cam and...

Like Bob, I would also like to know how you began collecting postcards!

Ana said...

Hahahahahahhaaa!!!
I love love love love this!!! Its soooo cool, you really HAVE TO continue vlogging! :D
You seem sooo excited about it! And i actually loved the way you do it, its soo spontaneous, so you really dont need to seem as if you are giving a Presidential Speech...its much better this way :)
And i would love to see your cats in the future as well :)

Wishing you a great weekend too and HAPPY PFF!

Jientje said...

But you did well, and you look great!! How nive to be able to put a face and a voice on a blog, well done!

I have added the mailbox post ( Ruby Tuesday , the red mailbox, remember?) to the Mr Linky like you asked me too. Have a great weekend yourself!

steviewren said...

Awwwwww, you are so cute and animated! But I couldn't hear a word you said. My speakers haven't worked since I got my computer back. I have to wait to my son comes down. He will have to figure out what isn't set up correctly.

dizzymslizzy said...

More vlogs please! I would love to listen to a short poem spoken in French. It is such a beautiful language and you have such a lovely voice.

Debby said...

Hi Marie,
It was so great to see your vloggy hello, how cool is that. I think you are a great blogger and enjoy everything you post! Would love to see your kitties.
debby

Candy said...

What a cool new dimension this gives to the blog experience. There really is so much behind a flat little pic that can begin to show personality, charm, and wit.

GO GIRL you're doing great.
Candy

lorhen82 said...

Like everyone else, I think you're just adorable! I have no doubt in my mind that you will come up with many interesting things to vlog about, so I'm not even going to suggest anything.

Can you tell that I didn't have any ideas??? :)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Congratulations!!! I don't think I have the nerve to do that at all, but I must say it maked me feel I "know" you so much better!

I'd love it if you would tell us more about your card collection, your personal favourites, how you store them. Anything you like really.

Daryl said...

Oh I gotta find my earbuds so I can watch/listen .. I am at the office .. come see my fun post for PFF .. and happy weekend all!

Margo said...

Marie! You are too adorable! Not that this is a surprise. I'm very impressed with your courage. I would like to see what the street where you live looks like, and maybe your yard. I would also enjoy a short French lesson... with colloquialisms (I know some, am actually better conversationally than in writing/reading) I'm going to be in France in July need to know "les dernières expressions familières" Happy PFF! Please play What I'm Not Buying this Weekend with me if you can :) Happy PFF!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Wonderful video! I would love to see the area in which you live. For example photos of your town and surroundings, scenery you enjoy and places you go! Thanks for being a great blogger and now a vlogger!

Aimee said...

Hi Marie! Loved your vlog! I agree with some of the others...I'd like to see some of France or your neighborhood. I like cats so I'd love to see your kitty too!

Betsy Brock said...

Now this was just Too Fun! You are so cute and it was fun to see you moving and talking! It's like your profile picture came to life! (not Kermit, but you on your sidebar!)

You know we over here in the US love anything French...yes, show us some of those wonderful pastry shops with all the beautiful goodies in the glass display counters. I hear our croissants just don't stand up to the real thing! :)

Daryl said...

Found the earbuds, listened to your Vlog .. and my first reaction was how similar you sound to Holly (http://gwlad-byth-bythoedd.blogspot.com/) tho I cant find a link to her Vlog .. anyway she grew up in Wyoming or Montana .. where did you grow up?

And questions ...

Yes, lets see the chat .. lets see the new engagement ring ..

You are lovely! I enjoyed 'meeting' you!!!!!

Oh, dont expect me to Vlog ...

Mia said...

I really like your blog, especially your vintage wedding, which I hope you will add some more to soon :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oh Marie, thanks for posting my link from last week again - how kind! It's not in my brain yet to remember the carnival or the time zone difference.

I really enjoyed your vlog. I have been thinking of doing that for years - so far, no way LOL You did a great job for your first one - Congrats!

I think if you write about your every day experiences, the things you see, interact with each day or even things you find funny - we will all be very happy with the results. Well, as well as talk about postcards. That's what drew us to you in the first place.

Thanks again,
Kristin

Starman said...

You're much prettier on the vlog than even in the lovely picture on your website. I'm not a "cat person". I don't hate them, I'm just not that into them. Just chat about what interests you. I'm sure we'll all be interested also.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Oh, it was so good to see you in person and to know that you really ARE as sweet as your photo appears! You are a doll. I'd love to hear a little more about your family and how it is you are in France. Also, a new pastry or baking hint a day would be great fodder for my Food Gratitude blog. I'd also love to try to learn a French phrase or word a day!
Love all that you do on Cpaphil.

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Wow, that was just great! Congrats and good luck to you!

BTW, how old is your hdd? I could hear your hard drive spinning while you were talking.

Buenos Aires in Pictures

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

YOU ARE A MOVIE STAR MARIE!!!! I swear, I must have watched it 15 times over and over!!!!
Your voice is so cute and your smile lights up my computer screen!!!!!
You have the sweetest energy, it's so infectious!!!! (in a good way of course!)
And, lastly you are so brave to be putting yourself out there...
I'd say YES, do it every Friday if you can!!!!
I'm your number one fan~
everything vintage

M.K. said...

That was fun to watch! Goodness, you've got a LOT of comments here. I love all your posts that you do - my favorite things to see? Houses and buildings. I have a thing for architecture, I suppose :)

Beverley Baird said...

Thanks Marie for your kind comments.
As you will see I was unable to upload my photos - I hope to by Sunday!!
Take care.

phil said...


Wonderful, Marie!
Glad you're not a green frog. :)

Merci! for linking to my post.

~p

RA said...

Great first vloggy! I think it's lovely, Marie. Thank you. I would like to see some of your most favorite postcard collections and the story behind them, if you have the time to shoot it. Have a wonderful weekend :)

Kathy McCreedy said...

How courageous of you to try vlogging! I'd love it if you'd teach us a little french... you could talk about anything and use it as a subject matter to teach a french word or phrase... I'd love that! Thank you for hosting such a fun exchange, what a great group of people!

Shelley said...

How cool to find your blog! I LOVE old postcards. So nice to "meet" you.

Pamposh Dhar said...

Great vlog! So you. You are just the way I pictured you (in my mind, I mean). Big hug back to you.
And my post is up on Wandering Pam (http://wanderingpam.blogspot.com).

ChaChaneen said...

Oh my stars, that video was SO MUCH FUN! Makes me want to do one but I don't have a web cam. I lurve it, that's better than Google I-TALK! You are GO-RG-EO-US my beautiful friend! And let me just tell you that you are an amazing blogger, I DON'T KNOW WHERE you find all the time to blog, comment and visit like you do.

I would love to see how you maintain your postcard collection? Do you have a room devoted or it is a simple cabinet? I would love to see you at the local pastry shop and take your sweet time showing me all the wonderful things in the case. ha ha

Robin said...

Oh gee....look what I missed. :-(

Friday was such a hectic day that I couldn't spend the day checking out everyone's blogs. So I didn't post. But I hope to be back this next Friday....That is if I get back in time.....I going out of town Tuesday.

Anyway....
Love your vlog. You were wonderful and I would love to see anything you care to share.

Take care

RedLan said...

You sounds so sweet @ Marie. I really feel at home here. Thanks making me part of this.

Kimberly said...

You are so cute! I would LOVE to see some vlogs about your daily life in France. I've traveled to France, but would love to know what its like to live there.

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Marie,
How wonderful to see you in person. I feel like we're having coffee together! Wish I could come over and have some french pastry with you!!!

Sorry for not posting a postcard this week for PFF. I was too busy with my guest author. By the way, thank you for visiting.:) You are awesome. Keep up the vlogging. I would like to see your children and also an idea of where you live. I love France. Do you live in Paris? I would love to see you going shopping.:)