Vintage Ice Skating Beauty

space

I went ice skating yesterday! This butterfingery klutz fell 4 times:) I only knocked over a few toddlers! I'll certainly stuff a pillow in my pants the next time. I need that extra bit of bun protection!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

12 cool cats commented:

Vodka Mom said...

That is fantastic! I can't remember the last time I skated...I always loved it as a child!!

Happy Holidays Marie!!!

Daryl said...

I wonder how in the dead of winter she got a spring in her step/skate ..

Happy Hanukkah!

:-Daryl

Tanya Breese said...

Haha, that's too funny! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Pat said...

I cannot ice skate. Or roller skate. I sled, un point, c'est tout!

meleen dupré said...

marie,

like you, i just love the vintage postcards!!!
enjoy the holidays!!!

meleen

Chris Overstreet said...

If this post needed anything else, it's the accompanying photo of you attempting the same moves.

Betsy Brock said...

I'm sure I would be black and blue if I tried it...but it looks like a lot of fun! And this pretty iceskater on the post card...wow...she can even smile while she's up in the air! ;)

Starman said...

I've only been ice skating once in my life. Obviously, I wasn't very good.

Sparky said...

Lovely postcard. I love to roller skate and am quite good at it. But went ice skating once and my backside almost stayed on the ice more than my feet. [tee hee] I shant do that again! ♥ ∞

Tess Kincaid said...

Fun! Would you believe I've never been?!

Katie said...

I'm glad you're taking advantage of some winter activities like skating! I'm sure you look just like this! Well, maybe not if you're knocking kids over. Stay warm and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo! I want to go Ice Skating now... even though I always fall over and get frozen!