Monkey Brand Soap Santa Vintage Postcard



This Santa is hawking Monkey Brand Soap. Mmmmm.. primate perfume.... I'm ditching my honeysuckle bathgel. This anthropoid aroma will turn heads!

Merry Chri..... Nooooo! It's my Birtthday tomorrow too! My day is somehow always overshadowed by that Jesus kid:)


I nicked this image with permission from the very gracious Phil Beard. Please go visit his delightful blog!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

18 cool cats commented:

Daryl said...

I would never have thought monkeys selling soap would catch on ..

Are they banana scented?

:-Daryl

Pat said...

Oh, that's scary! Looks like something from a 50's horror flick; "Santa Claws" or something like that. Then again when I enlarged it, the monkey looks a bit like Harry in "Harry and the Hendersens," a great and not scary film. I feel better now.

And Happy Birthday to you tomorrow!!!

Catherine said...

Joyeux Noêl et Bon Anniversaire, Marie. What a predestined first name! Champagne pour tout le monde!

Anonymous said...

I think that I would have ran - not walked - away from that soap-hawking monkey. Too scary! Missed your blogspot for awhile...but I am back. Happy Birthday Eve!

soulbrush said...

it is scary, have a very happy xmas and wow a very happy birthday too, i will catch up with all your posts in time. hugs.

Phil Beard said...

Happy Birthday Marie from sweet smelling simians everywhere - and me too!

Mescrap said...

Wish you Merry Christmas and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

M.K. said...

Cree-py! That's about as tempting as a skeleton santa - brrr!

And a very Happy Birthday to you :)

Starman said...

Joyeux anniversaire!
The "merry" in that postcard looks like "messy".

Sparky said...

Strange looking christmas card, isn't it?!
Well, then Merry Christmas AND Happy (insert number here) Birthday!! [lol] My next one is 53!! Wow.
Sparky ♥ ∞

Tess Kincaid said...

Now you've got to sing "Santa Monkey" to the tune of Stanta Baby!

Merry Christmas! :D

Betty Carlson said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday too!

Starman said...

Bonnes Fêtes !

Vodka Mom said...

That Santa was a bit scary looking!!

Merry, merry Christmas and a very happy birthday, Marie!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh i thought I had it bad that my b-day is on New Years Eve! Regardless, I hope you had a FANTASTIC birthday!

Hugs!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

all the best after-birthday wishes on this way from warszawa

Vadim Vadim said...

Ha-ha ))) This made me smile
Wish you a Very Merry Christmas and Prosperous '08 :)
There are some old soviet postcards on my vadimslounge.blogspot.com page - they are quite funny also

Vadim Vadim said...

...Prosperous '09, of course :)
Oh my God, it's 2009 already!!!