Snowman Vintage Postcard Obsession

space

I'm not dreaming of a White Christmas..... obsessing would be a closer assessment! This vintage postcard lady wants to build snowMEN. I'm hopping on a plane soon to visit my parents where there should be oooodles of virgin snow. I've been online reading about rainbowing up all of that crystalline water with food coloring. I can't wait to freeze my mittens off. What fun!




Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

18 cool cats commented:

Vodka Mom said...

I really LOVE that card! And, I love your new look. :-)

Unknown said...

lol well come to ohio... we have plenty of snow here!!!

Pat said...

The first snowman looks like one of those Kleenex-over-a-lollipop ghosts I make at Halloween. I like the second one best!!

Maria said...

Hallo Marie, your snowmen are both very funny! I wish you a pleasant stay with your parents and hope you enjoy the snow there!
Hugs, Maria

MuseSwings said...

Don't forget to make a snow angel! Love your little upside down snow guy.

Tess Kincaid said...

Love the colors on that vintage pc!

Tanya Breese said...

Enjoy your visit and hope you get snow! Not sure where you are going, but none here in southwest Va :(
That poor little snowman stuck on his head is too cute!

Starman said...

LOVE the upside-down snowman. I've made a few in my time. Not upside-down, though. Clever kid(s).

Mescrap said...

What a wonderful postcard...seems I can smell the snow.

M.K. said...

If you're not familiar with the Calvin and Hobbes snowman cartoons, you REALLY need to see them. As a matter of fact, from reading your humor, I think C&H would be right up your ally!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! I just found your blog and website through your comment on my own (et merci beaucoup). It would seem we have a lot in common, I'm big time into old imagery and postcards. We should talk and compare sources (i.e. favorite Paris haunts). Great blog and website both! Vraiment!

Sparky said...

Such cute cards! I wish it would snow in SE Georgia USA. BTW, I love your new look and how everything matches. Very chic!

Merry Christmas ~ ♥ ∞

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever made an entire snowman....I've helped make them though!

Enjoy using the food coloring, I think that will be fun.

Re the second postcard...did you know that they make artificial Christmas trees that are meant to be mounted on the ceiling?

Betsy Brock said...

Have a wonderful trip! I love snowmen, too! They seem so magical!

Ming said...

Snowmen are so cute! I haven't built for years. I love the second pic.

a good yarn said...

Madame is not French? I thought American but surely only an Aussie eats a Cadbury cream egg!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a charming comment.

Can you really make a living from vintage postcards?

Ann :)

soulbrush said...

hope you have a wonderful time there...snow and all, proves we always want what we don't have...tee hee. hugs from sunny sa.

Unknown said...

Where do your parents live? This is a case of 'the grass is greener (or I should say the snow is whiter) on the other side' cause I would give anything to be in the tropics right now! Enjoy the Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy xox