Alfred Hitchcock Hearts Barbie




Hoorah for the new apocalyptic themed Barbie! How dare those beaked buzzards peck away at her plantinum blond hair- do! Quelle Horreur!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

16 cool cats commented:

soulbrush said...

omg i can remember how that film terrified me as a girl...eeeeek. happy 2009 my dear one.(you, not barbie)hugs.

MuseSwings said...

That Barbie is for the Birds! I'm with Soulbrush on the new year wish: Happy New year to you, not Barbie.

Pat said...

Wow, is this for real? Tippi Hedrren screams again! This film did spook me.

I kind of like the idea of "famous person" Barbies. Who's next? How about Blogger Barbie?!

Tanya Breese said...

That's a great one! Oh that movie would always freak me out big time when it came on tv, but I never missed the chance to watch it,lol.

Happy New Year!

Daryl said...

How weird .. I wonder what promoted Mattel to do this .. its truly a collector's item isnt it .. and that movie was scary ... imagine how much scarier it would be today with all the special effect Hitch didnt have AND still made it SCARY

Bonne Annee!

Anonymous said...

What's next: Psycho Barbie? :D

steven said...

I have a coworker that wore that same outfit that Barbie has on for Halloween this year. I'll have to find a picture of it for you, it was pretty awesome.

Oleanderman said...

Cool card - them birds definitely went a lil bit Psycho on Barbie!

Happy Birthday for the other day - I get bored of ConsumerMas Day so from now I'll celebrate your birthday on the 25th instead. At least you actually WERE born on that day... :)

Catherine said...

Perfect copy of the movie character. Exactly the kind of woman Hitchcock would have chosen.

ChaChaneen said...

Hope your enjoying your holiday~ stop by my blog there is an award for you!

Betsy Brock said...

I saw this Barbie being promoted on the news. Isn't that crazy?

Sparky said...

Ohhh .... The Birds was too spooky! I wouldn't play in the playground for days after that! ha ha I never knew there was a Barbie "Birds" doll.

Happy New Year pal!

Sparky ♥ ∞

Anonymous said...

The Birds is one of the scariest movies ever. Second only to Psycho. another Hitchcock movie.

Found this site on Facebook/Blog Networks...Love your site. The design is very imaginative.

Starman said...

One of the silliest movies I ever saw.

Unknown said...

Interesting reading these comments which come from different generations. A younger friend (19) watched The Birds and thought it ridiculous, crude and a monumental hoax. I, older, still see it as I did when in my 30's --- a psychological terrifying journey into the soul's fears, less a cautionary tale on the environment. I think the difference being our imaginative expectations. Expect to be feed a rich diet of realistic images, Hitchcock will seem passe. Hitchcock today seems cartoonish, not unlike the graphic novels of today. Perhaps he was ahead of his time. Barbie and the birds was perfect --- poking fun yet in its own way frightening as only Barbie can be. Thanks for the great card posts.
Salut

Rosie said...

Can't believe I missed Barbie!
I guess i have been so busy that I sort of neglected my friends' blogs...
Anyway, I am here now :)!
Wish you and your lot a perfect 2009...