Quiche on the Brain


The classic, flavorsome, and trèèèèès French quiche is actually a German invention! The recipe first popped up in the kitchens of the medieval kingdom of Lothringen. The word 'quiche' comes from the German word 'Kuchen' which means cake.  I have quiche on the brain because I just made a killer leek and bacon one! Here's the recipe if you're up for a savory and satisfying country style delish dish!
 french vintage postcards

33 cool cats commented:

Polly Forns said...

I clicked over to the recipe and am willing to give it a TRY..... the pastry part is a little "iffy" for me :)

Marie Reed said...

I just roll out the pre made pastry:) I never make that part myself!

Cezar and Léia said...

Thanks for the clue !
Gorgeous couple in this postcard! :)
Léia

Sparky said...

All the quiche I've ever had was flavorless mush. Cute couple on the postard. :)

Unknown said...

I enjoy leek and bacon quiche. Will try , thanks.

Starman said...

Real men love quiche.

steviewren said...

Mmmmmm, I love quiche! I'm off to see your recipe.

Mescrap said...

Thanks for the recipe.

Lowell said...

I can't cook, but thanks for the recipe just the same.

Why is this guy wearing what looks to be a nightgown...oh, never mind...I think I figured it out!

Beth Niquette said...

Well, this post made me hungry for quiche. Hmmmm.....I'm off to the kitchen! wonderful post!

Pat said...

Well, Marie, we will definitely have to have a bake-off. MY leek-bacon quiche is THE best!

I love to make all kinds of quiches.

Maggi said...

That quiche sounds amazing! Love this card, so fun!

Katie said...

Awesome postcard! I'll even take a look the recipe when I get home as I love quiche. Went to the little postcard market at Métro Saint-Mandé last Wednesday and thought of you. I bought a bunch of fun postcards at not more than 20 cents/card. I'm an amateur, obviously!

2Wired2Tired said...

Sounds delicious.

Your site is so different and unique. I really like it.

Found you on Mom Bloggers Follow Me Club. I'm following and looking forward to reading more.

jonewman said...

I am sooo in love with quiche...my favorite right now is a sundried tomato, bacon and leek on I made recently, but I think my favorite is always the one I just had...I'll have to give yours a try!

Loni Edwards said...

Quiche is so yummy! Love the couple postcard!

Tina said...

i never knew that!! i will have to go and check out the recipe too. mmmm yummy quiche!

Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Game FreakZ
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack

Anonymous said...

Will have to try that out. I have not had a good quiche in awhile.
:-)
J

Stacy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, Marie! Your blog is AMAZING. I've enjoyed reading your posts and looking at the vintage postcards.

maryt/theteach said...

Oooo, leek and bacon quiche! I love it, Marie! Thanks for the recipe! I'm working on my post for PFF! :)

Mike Casey said...

I love the guys hat - and how he's holding the wine bottle. Looks pretty sophisticated.

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Hi Marie,
Did you notice that your post says Postcard Friday 42, but it's dated Sunday the 11th?
Evelyn in Montreal

Aimee said...

Mmmmm...Bacon!

I'm not usually much of a quiche person, but I had one the other night that was really good...Chicken and pecan.

Love the card!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Coincidentally I had a classic quiche Lorraine just the other day. I wouldn't normally eat one but I was tempted ... and it was delicious!

Postcardy said...

I'm late because I was looking for a new post, not Sunday's post.

Miss_Yves said...

Hi! Marie !
This recipe is delicious !
Do you know the Onions pie (Provence )

Tom Bailey said...

This is my first visit to your blog..


I did not know the etiology of that word.... quiche... interesting...

Momrempel said...

Great blog!

Following you from MBC!

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, wow--I had NO idea! But I'm not surprised--those Germans, they know how to cook. (grin)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Mmmmm... I saved this recipe to try out later :o)

Danke!

Blessings & Aloha!

Irene said...

I make a really simple version, skip the crust. check it out here.

dizzymslizzy said...

Pre-made pastry is the best - available at most grocery stores in the refrigerated section. I made "homemade" turkey pot pie the other night using the stuff and it was very impressive. Shhh...don't tell anyone.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.