Licking My Way to Thunder Thighs

homer stamp vintage postcard


Apparently I've been licking my way to thunder thighs. Starchy stamp glue is very caloric! Sealing envelopes via the slobbery tongue method will run you a gut busting 5 calories apiece.  I need to cut back on the mail and concentrate on......brownies!

Editor: Where's my vintage image little lady?

Marie: Oooooops!



Here is a looker of a French stamp from Zanzibar!

25 cool cats commented:

Katie said...

Yay for the Simpsons stamps! I just bought some, and don't want to use them (I bet the post office thought of that too.) I like the Zanzibar stamp too.

Unknown said...

Stamps have calories? So if I licked a few for breakfast and then a few for lunch and dinner, would I lose weight?

claude said...

Hello Marie !
Oh my god, I make a diet !
How to glue stamps and envelops at my work ?
I did not know the story of Corne d'abandance for the schoolers in Germany.

twinkle teaches said...

Okay Simpsons stamps,rock! I had no idea they came out...gotta get some! :)
Weird that licking a stamp has the same amount of calories as a piece of gum...I choose gum! :)
tina

MrCachet said...

Well - you have me there. Homer is NOT a Licker! Doh! I also admit to never having watched the Simpsons, since we do not watch TV. I know. We're special. There are very few of the licking variety of stamps any more (in this country), although if you were so inclined, I suppose you could lick the self-adhesive side - and you might not be able to get it off your tongue. Stamp collectors complain about the new self-adhesive stamps because there is no water-activated layer in them that would allow a collector to soak them off the envelope.

Personally...

Lydia said...

Well, I can't say much because I just ate a whole pint of Haagen Dazs Reserve Amazon Valley Chocolate ice cream tonight. And it was SO good!

Great to have a post from you and hope you are feeling better. :)

Pam @ Frippery said...

I haven't seen any lickable stamps in a while. I must say I haven't lost any weight because of it, phooey. You would think a pound or two might have been lost.

icandy... said...

You are just too funny! :) I hope that you are doing well! Just checking in on you!!
HUGS!!!
Christina :)

steviewren said...

Yep, use a sponge to wet the stamps and eat more treats!

maryt/theteach said...

Marie, I just saw the Simpsons stamp in my post office. Would you like me to send you one cancelled? It would have to sit next to the international airmail stamp if you don't mind. Send me your snail mail and I'll send it. :)

Irene said...

Marie as I re-read you friday post I wonder, I thought you lived in France, why a German school for your little man.

Starman said...

Why not stamps that taste like brownies?

Maggi said...

No way! 5 calories, really?! D'oh!

Daryl said...

I was missing you, sistah, I am SO glad you are back! xo

HereBeDragons said...

Are you kidding? That's 5 calories I don't need. That's right. Chocolate is a way better use of cals.

Rinkly Rimes said...

He's well on his way to university! And I wonder what happened to the little old-fashioned fellow! I hope he had a happy life!

Unknown said...

Calories when I lick stamps ?? That's not my practice anyway.

Harold's Daughter said...

Those who want to go on a stamp paste diet in the U.S. are out of luck. Lickable stamps are a thing of the past here. "Peel 'n' stick" are all the Postal Service sells now.

Mescrap said...

Stamps have calories ? The stamps from USA, France or all over the country ?

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

yep...that's why I only use stickable stamps! haha

or else I use a sponge soaked in water...ew...cuz I don't like the taste either!

Blessings & Aloha!

come by and see me!

Mike said...

The Simpsons has stamps? Wow! I need to buy me some of those. Do any other TV shows have their own stamps?

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Now you tell me! But at least it's a good excuse. :)

Clytie said...

Sigh. Just when you thought it was safe to send a letter ...

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling,
I am back and have missed you terribly!! I have a post on my blog that explains my lengthy absence but enough of that, I just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing and to wish you a lovely day. I am now off to read the posts that I have missed and to look around your gorgeous blog.
Love & Hugs
Duchess ♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

I’d inamorata to ascertain that too!