Beautiful Beef-a-roni

vintage postcard

My Mother is a Saint! She let me know that her larder is now stocked with Beef-a-roni! I'm sure she did quite bit of eye-rolling while buying it:) She informed me that I am officially a big WIERDO daughter. I do live in France and I do adore French food buttttt... pass me a bowl of that tin and tomato flavored nostalgia please! I'll be flying to the States in 2 days! That won't keep me from my blogging addiction though:)





Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

26 cool cats commented:

Witchcrafted Life said...

I lived abroad in Europe for two years and (while there) missed Canadian food to an almost unhealthy level (I actually wrote an ode to Canadian groceries at one point and mailed it to a relative back home), so I complete and fully understand where you're coming from with your love of Beef-a-roni! :)

Have a safe flight and a wonderful trip!
♥ Jessica

Chuck Pefley said...

I remember wanting to find peanut butter and cheddar cheese after being in Italy for some weeks -:)

pchickki said...

Yum! I guess you will be opening your package from me soon huh?

Hey you....go over to my blog. There is something waiting there for you.
Hugs
Patti

Blogaire said...

My next door neighbor goes on holidays to Spain every year and she always brings local Irish favorites like Brennan's bread and Tayto crisps and even a few pounds of Kearns sausages and bacon...
Enjoy your trip Stateside Marie - and your Moms Beef-a roni.

JamaGenie said...

Love the video! Commercial were so simple and hokie back then! Call me weird, but I actually love Chef Boy-Ar-Dee's spaghetti dinner in a box. The Beef-a-Roni not so much. Don't know why.

Mia said...

My favorite dish when I was young was Knorr Spaghetti package, that looked very similar to Chef boy-ar-de’s package, and if I had my way, I probably would have had it every day :)
So I totally get your nostalgia, because this has made me want to try Knorr Spaghetti package again :)
Have a lovely time in States :)

Janine said...

Lovely advertisment and commercial.
Very funny

Mia said...

p.s. Dorcas name made me giggle the first few times as well :D

M.K. said...

Have a GREAT trip back over here in the land of spam, chef-boy-r-dee, and processed everything:) New England, right? You should do a blog post on fluffer-nutter sandwiches. Never heard of them ANYWHERE but in Massachusetts!

Postcardy said...

I liked canned ravioli.

Try to photograph some postcard racks when you are there. Probably won't be any interesting mailboxes.

phil said...


Beefaroni with real Italian air. All in the same can!? :)

Unknown said...

I loved the beef a roni too and also the pizza. It was like dough and tomato paste but it tasted good to me! Glad you'll have your share of Beef a roni!

Pietro Brosio said...

Marie, as regards food I think there is nothing better than a delicious dish of slightly underdone pasta with tomato or meat sauce! ;-)

Starman said...

I liked Beef-a-Roni until I had the REAL thing.

tapirgal said...

There was a coffe-table book making fun of these 50s food ads. It was one of those books that was so funny, I laughed out loud at every page. If I find it on my shelf again, I'll send you the title and scan a page for you. I think you'd love it!

Winchester Manor said...

Wow! Nearly forgot about Beef-a-roni, I haven't had it for years. I'm a fellow weirdo because I still love Chef Boy-Ar-Dee much to the disgust of my man!

Have a wonderful and safe trip in the States.

Hugs,
Karyn

Sparky said...

I haven't eaten Chef Boyardee in ages. I'm still a sucker for hot dogs and ketchup. I'm so weird.

Have a safe trip Marie. Tell your Mom we all say "Howdy" too. :o)

Toothfairy said...

thanks for commenting on my blog!
Your's is really nice!


*loves*

Melissa said...

I perfectly understand. There is something special about food from your childhood.

I say 'Enjoy'.

Melissa

Mescrap said...

My long time favorite is aglio-olio. Never try others spaghetti before :p

Robin said...

Oh I hope you and yours have a lovely time.

Gee....that was a great video....sure took me back. :-)
I didn't post Sunday's Video this or last week. I have been out of town most of this week. But....For some silly reason it doesn't want to hold past the second or so play. I'll have to go do some techie searching and work out the bugs. I'll let you know when I'm up and running again.

Hope your weekend has been beautiful

Postcardy said...

Look at the post I made today about your trip.

Clueless in Boston said...

I was always more of a Franco-american spaghetti kind of guy myself. Beef-a-roni may have been fun to eat, but Franco-american had it beat:)

Liz Mays said...

That is too funny! A giant pot of Beefaroni!!

You're coming to the States? Whoopeee!

Maggi said...

Oh girl, I am so with you on Beef-a-roni! lol I will also eat tons of ravioli too. hee hee

Have a great trip!

Beth Niquette said...

Well look me up if you end up in Oregon! (Grin) I hope you enjoy your visit here. ((hugs))