Tour de France in Saint Fargeau!

Tour de France vintage postcard
My town is geared up and ready for the Tour de France to whiz through it! Shops are decorating their windows with these bulging google eyed guys and I seem to find bicycle themed surprises wherever I look! There were even little 'velo' cakes at the bakery this morning:) I did NOT eat 4 of them for breakfast. Nope. I'm a dieting Saint....ugh.. I feel sick...


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

31 cool cats commented:

Vodka Mom said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear more about it. I LOVE the cards.

Happy day, Marie.

Mia said...

He he, love the painting on the window :) But love the expression on Kirchen face on the postcard even more, “am I bothered” :D

And I wish so much, that I had cake for breakfast :( didn’t even have my morning tea, because I forgot to buy some yesterday :( and it is has just started raining.
But no pouting here, I’ll just run to the shop for some tea and pop “The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas” in the dvd :)

Hope you have a lovely Sunday :)

Wiregrass Steve said...

Sadly, bicycle racing gets little attention in America. Great card Marie.

Maggi said...

Oh wow, I bet that is an exciting time! How neat that the town gets all gussied up for the event!

Postcardy said...

Do they still have postcards of the Tour de France?

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Oh so very exciting! So few get to see this except on TV! Enjoy!!!

Amy said...

That sounds like fun.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

I'm thrilled at your town's celebration. What a cool card, too. Are you saying you ate four cakes, Miss Marie Isabelle? Good for you...celebrate. Oh and come visit me at Oasis Writing Link (OWL) blog...I posted about memory and having a teenager daughter...with poems...(I think that might chase you away...there are painless!) I miss your comments! (I know you are busy...don't worry!)

Your blog site is fantastic!! I love to see your success! (Remember I was follower 100?!)
I might even buy a post card even though I abandoned my collecting hobbies a few years ago...I just love the way the cards communicat an artistic feel of another time.
Love to you <3

Lowell said...

You probably should refrain from looking at all those French goodies if you are dieting...

The advice, "Look but don't touch," simply isn't realistic for dieters. It can indeed make you sick.

Love this postcard. I'd forgotten how long the race had been in existence. Is Louie Armstrong peddling this year? Wait, that's not his name. Oh, yeah, Lance Armstrong. Now, I remember...

What I want to know is who you are cheering for, if anyone?

Have a great day! Keep smiling. Read a good book about the horror of carbs!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog and what a gem! Love it! I too love postcards. Going to follow you along sister!

phil said...


Can't help but think of Les triplettes de Belleville. That's about as close as I get to the Tour. :)

Clueless in Boston said...

How wonderful the Tour will be going through your town. I bet you could come up with a postcard for any occasion. The weather has turned drier and a little sunnier here in anticipation of your visit:)

Irene said...

It must be exciting to live nearby the race. Hope you get to enjoy it, and do have one cake.

annalarssonphotography said...

How exciting!
I love the cards you are sharing on your site :)

Thanks for stoping by my place!
And welcome back! :)

Anna

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Those guys all look totally pissed off! lol (Bike shorts too tight?)

Starman said...

How many seconds do you estimate they'll be in your town?

Melanied'Anjou said...

Geee!! Another superb postcard, you know it reminds me of that cartoon "Trio of Bellevile" I've watched for five times, it was brilliant! :)
Hope you have a nice time
And thank You very much for visiting my Blog!
Hugs :*

Maria Berg said...

I think you had 5 this morning...

I found a old card yesterday that my mother have given to her mother 60 years ago, so I stared to think of you blog and I will one day take a photo of it.

My Husband had just been out with the bike - he loves going on the bike and have just started for fun again after a few years of nothing.

/Maria Berg

Sparky said...

I used to really enjoy bicycling. I peddled my little hiney all over Titusville, Florida in the 1960s. [giggle] If I did that now I would probably keel over from exhaustion.
Happy 4th of July pal! :o)

Sara K said...

Great postcard, and window painting! I watch the Tour de France on TV every yera, and sometimes watch part of the Tour of California in person...one of the stages goes through Santa Rosa, and Levi Lepheimer (which I'm sure I misspelled) trains in the area.

Katie said...

How cool that you'll get Le Tour coming through your town! I hope to see you out there with the kids waving at us. Please send velo cakes (since you don't seem to want any).

Debby said...

WOW!!!! So much excitement. Great card, thanks for sharing.
debby

ChaChaneen said...

Happy belated 4th of July my beautiful friend! I have missed visiting you - my computer was down for awhile and as you'll see my blog template got all messed up so I had to choose another one. Don't know how it all happened but it got me to take a little time and learn a bit more about programming. So I am slowing rebuilding my blog again with some free stuff until I get it the way I want it. Thanks for all your help though, your so sweet! By the way, save one of those bakery treats for me! ha ha Have a great week Marie!

Bradley Hsi said...

Hi, enjoyed you potato video, very well done. Looking forward to see more of the Tour de France when it is passing your town.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Absolutely love all your postcards! Thanks for sharing! and love your posts about them.

little peach vintage said...

Wow, that is pretty amazing that the tour de france is going right through your town. I bet it is so festive there. I know what you mean about will power & bakeries. My sister used to own one & it was always tempting not to splurge every day! Thank you for your comment about the beach bather with the red shoes. I really enjoyed checking out your blog & all the neat cards you have found. I want to do one of the Friday blog parties you have. What a creative idea!

JamaGenie said...

Fantastic as usual! Truly a shame cycling doesn't get much attention in the U.S.

Ellie said...

I like watching Tour de France! There are so many beautiful sights to see. It is amazing how much work was in 1950 to make this postcard in a dark room. I enjoy your work!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Sweetie. Oh my goodness, my husband wants to see Le Tour de France so badly! He is a huge fan! Will you be able to see any of it? Such an exciting event... Lori

Loni Edwards said...

Oh lucky you! What fun that would be! Love the cards also! I have a few friends who just love that race. I follow it, but near like they do.

Unknown said...

Hi,



I am David and I am really fond of the Tour de France... (go Amstrong, go!)

I find lots of stuffs related to that stuff on delcampe.net such as stamps, postcards,...

It is worth to try... believe me.

Have a nice Tour this year...



David