Having a Snapping Good Time in Florida - Postcard Friday #46


 


Fossils from 3 brand new crocodile species were recently found in the ancient Sahara wetlands! The Rat Croc (silly name, eh?) was a rather smallish reptile. This 3 footer ate roots and grubs that he dug up with his bucktoothed lower jaw. These crocodiles walked on two legs rather than flat on the ground like their modern snappy cousins!  Click here to read about the pancake, duck, and boar crocs! The full article is amazing.

Editor: This postcard features a large and in charge ALLIGATOR.

Marie: Picky! Picky!









Welcome to this weeks Postcard Friendship Friday! If you're visiting and would like to join in the fun we would be thrilled;) It's easy! All you need to do is:

1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!
2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of this post
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today! Please grab the badge if you'd like to add a bit of PFF colour to your post:)




26 cool cats commented:

Marie Reed said...

I'm hopping on a train to Germany first thing in the morning! I'll be visiting everybody then over the weekend:) Happy PFF!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Those odd crocs sound amazing, and even more so to think they used to live where the Sahara desert is now. I love the card, but you wouldn't catch me posing for it. :)

I'm away for the weekend too, so ditto, Marie!

Tussy said...

Have a nice trip both of you :)

Don't you think about playing golf as my postcard show?

You Got A Posty
All Little Thing I Like
My 2nd Hand Book Shop

Postcardy said...

Did you know that France is a big turkey producer?

Paul van Yperen said...

A great variation on the pin-up card. Enjoy your stay in Germany.

claude said...

Marie, do you know what is the diffrence between a crocodile and an alligator ? It is "caïman" the same.
Explanations :
caïman (say ca i man) for in french "quasiment" = more or less.

Pat said...

A three-foot, upright croc? I'll bet he ran fast through the sand, too. That's not so small either!

Great photo on the card, or rather, montage, I hope!

Postcardy said...

Florida Gators on Postcard Funnies today.

Cezar and Léia said...

What a cool and funny postcard!
Have a safe and blessed trip dear Marie!
Léia

Snap said...

Have a wonderful time, Marie.

Now, this postcard is before *photoshopping*. I sure hope that croc wasn't real!!!! OUCH!

Thanks for the link to the article.

AnitaNH said...

Hi Marie. Makes me think of the children's book by Peter Nickl "Chrocodile Chrocodile." The illustrations by Binette Schroeder are fabulous!

MuseSwings said...

Yikes - a croc that walks upright! That sounds like a crock! It also sounds like they could run up to you and give you a big hug. An unhappy thought if there ever was one!

Clytie said...

I hope this was a stuffed gator! Either way, I think I would keep my bum away. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

I have loads and loads of vintage Florida cards, and posted another today.

I'm now off to look at everyone else's cards! Have a great weekend everyone.

Beth Niquette said...

Hahahaa...that is SO cute!!!

maryt/theteach said...

I'm late posting but I finally got mine up! Enjoy Germany Marie. Your postcard is very amusing! :)

Maggi said...

That card is AWESOME! LOL

Christine said...

Viel Spass in Deutschland. Don't get bitten by any Krautigators.

LiT Web Studio said...

your postcard choices nearly always make me smile... this is a cracker! happy PFF!

Unknown said...

I wonder how they made that postcard...I wouldn't be willing to stick my rear right over a alligator's mouth.

Have a great weekend Marie!

steviewren said...

ooops, that last comment was from me.

MrCachet said...

LOL. Who snapped the picture?

Sparky said...

I remember postcards like that from when I grew up in Florida. They were so cute, just like this one! Happy PFF pal! :)

Lori E said...

So how much does one get paid to pose for a photo like that? Not enough I am sure.

Louis la Vache said...

She: "Do these red shorts make my butt look big?"

'gator: "Not now!" CHOMP!

Anonymous said...

Dear Author www.cpaphilblog.com !
It is remarkable, rather amusing idea