A Bouquet of Lily of the Valley for the Ozark Madieval Fortress



I just can't stop tooting The Ozark Medieval Fortress' horn! I blogged about the ingenious project here. The stone stronghold of the past is set to open on May 1st! Here's an illustrated aerial view of this momentous undertaking.

 

I stumbled upon the little beut of a vintage postcard at an open market in Toucy, France. Isn't it just perfect for announcing the starting date of the unique medieval construction site? The scented lily of the valley is considered to bring luck! Here in France we give small bouquets of the delicate blossom to friends and family on May Day. Bonne Chance to you Ozark Medieval Fortress!

Be sure to visit the official Ozark Medieval Fortress Site at:


ozark medieval fortress

11 cool cats commented:

Elisabeth said...

The castle reminded me of a scene in the Monty Python film – In Search of the Holy Grail. I wonder if any cows were catapulted over those castle walls. What a surprise that would be to the aggressors! I would love to visit the site in Arkansas - May 1st huh!

Starman said...

I hope I'm around to see the finished castle.

Clytie said...

I love lily of the valley. I hope someday you get to see the finished castle that has captured your heart and mine.

Loni Edwards said...

This is so cool! If I'm ever in Arkansas, I would love to visit it.

Pat said...

I'd put on some lily of the valley cologne and visit the fortress.

pchickki said...

How unique and I love Lilly of the Valley!
Thanks for sharing

Beth Niquette said...

Marie! How wonderful! I've always loved the Ozarks and the tremendous spirit of the people who settled there.

I love it. Thank you for sharing this project with us! Here in the states I haven't heard one peep about it.

Tch tch tch!

Janine said...

MAI, aww...
I wish it was!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

This really sounds like a fun place to go! When are you heading there?

Blessings & Aloha!

I'm Just a Southern Girl said...

Wow, I googled this on the map, it is WAY up in the hills! The drive there would be a great one, I have been meaning to get over there and see my GGGGGG-grandfathers gravesite, its in that section of the state. Maybe I can.

7jades said...

This is really awsome! Amazing to know that the castle will be opened on May 1st. Thanks for posting the information.

Bises,
7jades.