Vintage French Tricky Tourist Trap

Bonneteau is the French word for The Three Card Monte. These vintage postcard hustlers are making a bundle of francs! The 'dealer' never works alone. A poser lures in tourists as he pretends to win this rigged game. When a hefty crowd has gathered a pickpocket will make his rounds. I want to warn these unsuspecting vintage postcard players. 'Fais Attention!'

Please subscribe here to my cpaphil - vintage postcard blog. Ohlala, I can't wait to see you again!


4 cool cats commented:

Anonymous said...

A few additional comments on Marie's post

These still exist actually ! If you happen to get to Marche aux Puces in Saint Ouen (North of Paris) or around porte de Clignancourt and La Chapelle, you may find a group of people gathering there !

And the tricks are still the same : while no longer accepting 'sous' or 'Francs', your real Euros will do then !

One can also see the whole modern story in the famous French movie 'Les Ripoux' with the formidable French actor Philippe Noiret !

Thib said...

Bonjour Marie,
Thanks for your visit on my blog
;-)

I'm OK for a coffee, when you want !

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite places. On Key West at Mallory Point people gather to watch the sunset over Christmas Tree Island. There are jugglers, magicians, dancers, sword swallowers... and pick pockets! Secure your cash and have fun!

The Baby Gag said...

What a fantastic postcard? With your permission I'd like to post it over at my blog at www.honestconman.blogspot.com .