Omelet!



  This grumpy gus is collecting eggs for an omelet.When Swedes want a smile for the camera, they say "omelet," which gives a decidedly more subtle and less radiator-grill-like result than when saying "cheeeeeeese." Zut! Now I'm hungry.
french vintage postcard collecting eggs

9 cool cats commented:

Starman said...

Well, it's easy to see why she's grumpy. Someone's got her apron all twisted.

Janie said...

She can make a generous omelet with so many eggs. Maybe she should risk a real smile.

MuseSwings said...

I see a bit of a twinkle in her eye! Those fresh eggs got me hungry - think I'll make an Omelet!

Beth Niquette said...

Hahahaa...Zut?! I LOVE it!

Zut! I'm hungry too! I'm off to make an OMLET!

HereBeDragons said...

Great photo!
Omlette probably would work better for kids than cheeeeeezzzee. I remember my brother doing the Charlie Brown head thrown back smile for several family photos when we were small children.

Elisabeth said...

What a lovely postcard...very sweet yet a little piece of history too. Farm children were often sent into the local village to sell eggs for their families.

Debby said...

Oh I love grumpy gus..sweet!! How are you? Happy New Year!
Debby

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

haha! How observant Starman is! I had to click back to your post to see if in fact...this little lady's apron was "all twisted" ... and it surely was!

Marie, I love your "fotos and facts"...as usual!

Blessings & Aloha!

Rainey J. Dillon said...

ah you're very funny! Love these old French postcards -full of quirky character.
Mmmmm I do love a well done omelette...with fried shallot & black pepper..yum
Hope you enjoyed Christmastime & that your New Year is starting well.

Rainey