IKEA and Clumsy Omelet Chefs


I can relate with this all-thumbed, undexterous, butterfingered, maladroit, graceless girl who dropped her eggs! The card reads,"Ah! That's a funny omelet!"  I hopped over to IKEA to replace all of the glasses that I've broken lately. I decided to give a palette of 12 glasses a good home and... slip...slop... I dropped them all!

29 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

I've been known to drop an egg or two... Fortunately I haven't dropped my camera...

But as the French say "On ne peut faire d'omelette sans casser des oeufs," so....

LiT Web Studio said...

great card! did you know that clumsiness is said to be a sign of high intelligence?! ...that's my excuse, anyway, and i'm sticking to it ;-)

Giulia said...

Oh Marie. I know just what it's like. My neighborhood market manager was so relieved to get smaller shopping carts in...that helps me from knocking over displays. It's been a while, but I feel your embarrassment. I like the idea that it is said to be a sign of high intelligence. I'm just going to quite Debs & say it. :)

Susan

Starman said...

I was drying a champagne glass when it just shattered in my hand. Does that count?

Margo said...

I swear I shouldn't be allowed in certain places (museums, china shops). We go through glasses like crazy around here - especially since I got a tile floor in the kitchen. The results are very dramatic. I'm hoping debs is right about the high intelligence. xoxoxo

Christine H. said...

I feel so much better after what debs said...and you should too.

Floss said...

Mince!

Elisabeth said...

I am going to have to agree with Debs! My brain must be so busy thinking of things that I am simply compelled to drop or spill things with tremendous frequency. In fact, I am so clumsy that I must be really really intelligent – maybe even another Einstein!

Clytie said...

I have learned to hold in my coat tails, clutch my purse tightly to my body, and keep my elbows plastered to my sides whenever I go near things that can be bumped and broken. I like Debs answer - clumsiness is said to be a sign of high intelligence ...

We must all be very smart! Like the adorable little girl in this card.

papel1 said...

Saying hello from one clumsy person to another.
Judy

maryt/theteach said...

Oh no, Marie! You make me laugh! :)

Beth Niquette said...

What a darling postcard! I can totally relate with you about breaking things--in our kitchen the old guys who rebuilt this house after a big fire--well, they put tile in the kitchen area. It is dark brown--dirties easily and anything that falls on it breaks! Even unbreakable things. lol

Have a GREAT day, Marie!

syllah said...

New post with old Bucharest :)I want to see this!Good luck!Radu

Anonymous said...

Very nice card! Great blog!

Wren
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Journey_Back_in_Time

maryt/theteach said...

Marie, my PFF post is up. Tomorrow I'll be having a little medical procedure so I won't be able to sign up at your blog... But come by anyway. PFF :)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

What a disaster! But did little chicks jump out of your breakages?

Aimee said...

I feel so bad for her and her eggs! (and you and your glasses too)

Paul van Yperen said...

Very nice card. Funny and beautifully phographed. I love those vintage studio portraits.Goof luck with your glasses.

Postcardy said...

The idea of big chickens in the midst of the broken eggs seems kind of gross to me.

I am clumsy and drop things all the time, but luckily not the breakable ones. I guess I am more careful with those.

Maria said...

She sure looks surpriced, I guess I would have to if I dropped an egg and a little chicken popped out.

Candy said...

Sorry to hear about your butterfingers. I have been known to drop things now and then. Too busy, arms too full, well just not paying attention to detail.
Now I am humming...Slow down you move to fast, you've got to make the morning last. Just sitting on a cobble stone, looking for fun and feeling groovy! I think that's the right words.
IT'S ALL GOOD! ;-)

Maggi said...

Oh no! I'm a total butterfingers sometimes! lol

AnitaNH said...

Hi Marie, I love the painted backdrop on this card. How fortunate the little girl let loose those chicks from the eggs before the cook cracked them over a hot skillet!

peggy gatto said...

OOPS, been there!
Fun card!!

Terry said...

Howdy Marie
Happy PFF
Blessings of joy to you and yours.
I felt like that today.
This is such a wonderful card .
I have had a bad case of clumsiness all day .
Now I find I am in good company with many intelligent friends :)
PFF made my day all better .
Thank you for sharing and being the best French Factrice ever .
Happy Trails

Louis la Vache said...

Yeah! Debs got it right! «Louis» is the world's all-time grand Champion KLUTZ!

(Editor to «Louis»: That's true, but it's no sign that you're intelligent!

«Louis» to Editor: Uh huh, Symbolic of that is that I chose YOU for Editor!)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Found you via Olive Writes just a few minutes ago, and I could not be more in love. The charm found upon The French Factrice is, in the words of Mary Poppins, "practically perfect in every way." :)

Blogaire said...

The expression on the little girls face is priceless!
I had a tea mug for over 20 years and when I broke it I was devastated. Tea doesn't taste the same any more!

Maria Berg said...

It is good with IKEA - not so expensive so you can always go back - but let somebody els carrie them... LOL MB